- Getting Started
- Administration Guide
- An Introduction to Wyn Enterprise
- Document Portal for End Users
- Data Governance and Modeling
- Working with Resources
- Working with Reports
Working with Dashboards
- Dashboard Designer
- Dashboard Templates
- Selecting a Dataset
- Data Attributes
- Dashboard Scenarios
- Component Templates
- 3D Scene
- Visualization Wizard
- Data Analysis and Interactivity
- Dashboard Appearance
- Preview Dashboard
- Export Dashboard
- Dashboard Lite Viewer
- Using Dashboard Designer
- Animating Dashboard Components
- View and Manage Documents
- Understanding Wyn Analytical Expressions
- Section 508 Compliance
- Subscribe to RSS Feed for Wyn Builds Site
- Developer Guide
Wyn Enterprise: Dashboard Lite Viewer
Wyn Enterprise has already been providing a feature-packed Standard Viewer in the past to preview the dashboards with powerful data analysis capability. With comprehensive data exploration features, it lets you interact with the dashboards for deeper insight and better decision-making. However, such loads of features may affect the performance of dashboards.
There are some scenarios where the focus is more on the dashboard rendering speed rather than on performing the in-depth analysis on the data. To overcome such performance issues, we now provide Lite Viewer which is the optimized version of the standard viewer, in addition to the standard viewer. Another advantage that the Lite Viewer provides to the users is a rich API for customizing the dashboard layouts and adding custom animations as per business needs. In addition, Lite Viewer is best suited for viewing dashboards on large screens.
Note that the built-in viewer in the Dashboard Designer always uses the Standard Viewer.
The following image shows the difference when you preview a dashboard through the Standard Viewer and Lite Viewer in Wyn Enterprise. It can be observed that the Lite Viewer does not support the preview toolbar and its features (such as Fit to Screen, Slide Show, Refresh, Export, etc), and options like Export and Actions when hovering the mouse over the dashboard scenario.
The following articles describe more about Lite Viewer.
- Dashboard Settings - An administrator can set the default dashboard viewer as standard or lite from the Dashboard Settings interface of the Admin Portal.
- Switch to Dashboard Lite Viewer - Users can switch to Lite Viewer from the properties panel in the dashboard designer or by using the lite parameter in the document url.
- Embed Dashboard Lite Viewer Component in Web Applications - Learn about integrating Lite Viewer into your web applications.